As we mentioned in previous articles, infertility is defined as the inability of a couple to conceive after twelve months of unprotected sexual intercourse. It effects over five million couples in the U. S. Alone and many more times in the world. Because of unawareness of treatments, only 10% seek help from professional specialists. In this article, we’ll discuss vaginal causes of infertility.
I. Definition The vagina is defined as the lower part of the female reproductive tract, a moist canal in the female fibromuscular tubular tract extending from the uterus to the exterior of the body .
This could be very important part of this issue. II. Vaginal causes of infertility 1. Vaginitis it’s caused by infection, low levels of estrogen, or allergies leading to abnormal vaginal discharge. In case of frequent vaginitis, it’s caused by adhesion in the pelvic region or tubal blockage leading to infertility and reducing sperm invasion.
2. Vaginosis it’s caused by the over-production of certain bacteria in the vaginal area as a result of infection causing the imbalance of bacteria in the region.
3. Vaginal adenosis Vaginal adenosis is a genetic defect caused by the mother taking the medication diethylstinesterol during pregnancy leading to an abnormal vagina and increasing the risk of cervical cancer.
4. Rokitansky syndrome A genetic birth defect that causes a malformation of the vagina and an absence of the uterus.
5. Lubricant Lubricants used during sexual intercourse to prevent vaginal irritation and pain may cause toxic effects to sperm. Using water soluble lubricant can prevent that from happening if fertility is a concern.
6. Douching Douching may be used to prevent infection caused by bacteria in or around the women’s vagina, but it’s also toxic to the sperm and affects the cervical mucus. Therefore women who try to get pregnant should avoid douching altogether.
I hope this information will help. If you need more information of insurance or series of articles of the above subject at my home page at:
For series of Infertility Articles, please visit:
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.
“Let Take Care Your Health, Your Health Will Take Care You” – Kyle J. Norton
I’ve been studying natural remedies for disease prevention for over twenty years and working as a financial consultant since 1990. Master degree in Mathematics, teaching and tutoring math at colleges and universities before joining insurance industries. Part time Health and entertainment Article Writer.